Saturday 7 February 2015

Piano Maker Extraordinaire!


A good customer sent me these photos of his work which I thought you all may enjoy.
Most of my tools go the amateur woodworkers, but a few go to true professionals, of which Paul is one.

This is a copy of a Streicher very similar to that used by Brahms for the last 24 years of his life.
I'm no musician but the use of that walnut veneer is outstanding!


Above is a video of the piano in action.




And here is the man himself, Paul McNulty, looking deservedly proud of his work.



2 comments:

  1. "...Most of my tools go the amateur woodworkers." Considering the price i just hope they are not of amateur quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed not, but they are tools meant to be used rather than sat on a mantlepiece and admired.

      Delete